Training Location: Metrocare Services – Mustang Room, Suite 200 located at 1345 River Bend, Dallas, TX 75247.
The Adult Needs and Strengths Assessment (ANSA) and the Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths Assessment (CANS) are communimetric tools that are used by providers to help structure the treatment planning and review process. The ANSA is a multi-purpose tool developed for an adult's behavioral health services to support decision making, including level of care and service planning, to facilitate quality improvement initiatives, and to allow for the monitoring of outcomes of services. The CANS Comprehensive version of Texas is an open domain assessment tool for the use in service delivery systems that address the mental health of children, adolescents and their families. It was developed to support care planning and level of care decision making, to facilitate quality improvement efforts and to allow for the monitoring of outcomes of services. It facilitates the linkage between the assessment process of identifying the needs and strength of the child and the caregiver and the creation of individualized service plans and the selection of evidence based practices used.
For additional information on the ANSA, please see: https://www.dshs.state.tx.us/mhsa/trr/cans/
For additional information on the CANS, please see: https://www.dshs.state.tx.us/mhsa/trr/cans/
To become trained/certified on the CANS or ANSA, please go to:https://www.schoox.com/academy/CANSAcademy/register
For any questions regarding online certification, TCOMtraining.com site access, coupons, or problems registering for TCOMTraining.com, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Centralized Training does NOT oversee Praed Foundation Collaborative Training Website. For questions or concerns regarding ANSA or CANS online only certification available on Praed Foundation Collaborative Training Website please contact the Praed Foundation via email: email@example.com
To become certified as a ANSA or CANS SuperUser you must attend a face to face training. For SuperUser (face to face) training, please see the Upcoming Events available on this website for any scheduled workshops.
CANS and ANSA Local Expert (Super User) Training
This one-day training will enhance the knowledge of certified users by developing skills in using the instrument(s) to engage individuals in care, translate identified needs into treatment/recovery goals, and monitor outcomes at the individual and local level. The CANS/ANSA Local Expert trainings will target team leads, supervisors, or staff members who will be designated as the "Local Expert" in the CANS or ANSA. Both the ANSA and CANS will be covered within this one-day training.
Prior to the in-person Super User training, all participants are required to complete and present the following 2 items. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE 2 ITEMS YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED INTO THE TRAINING. Please label each item below with your name.
1) Certification at the Trainer Level. Achieve a certification score of .80 or higher on the CANS/ANSA. This should be done on https://www.schoox.com/academy/CANSAcademy/register. For coupon codes, please email the Praed Foundation directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Bring a copy of your completion certificate.
2) Type a vignette. Please think of a couple of clients when writing your vignette to ensure anonymity. Using your TCOM tool (CANS or ANSA), develop your vignette by going through the various domains in the tool. Please keep your vignette to 1 page (can be single spaced). Try to ensure that when it comes to doing ratings & rationales (at the training; not beforehand) approximately half of the items be rated actionable (i.e., ‘2’ or ‘3’).
The TCOM Training team has provided us with an excel form that they are requiring learners use for the submission of their ratings and rationale for the vignette you will be asked to submit after the workshop. The excel form includes a sheet for both the ANSA and CANS, please select the respective sheet for your vignette. You can update the excel file to match your manual items.
To access the excel form, please log in to your www.centralizedtraining.com account and follow these steps:
• Click on ANSA & CANS Super User – October 30, 2019.
• Click on the Certified Trainer Forms folder
• Click on TX Vignette Ratings and Rationale ALL versions