Training Location: Zoom Meeting
Webcam and audio are required for participation.
Cognitive processing therapy (CPT) is an adaptation of cognitive behavioral therapy used by practitioners to help clients explore recovery from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) or other trauma related conditions. CPT is a manualized 12 session cognitive behavioral treatment for PTSD which offers an alternative to purely exposure based interventions.
Registration includes the Cognitive Processing Therapy for PTSD: A Comprehensive Manual -1st Edition and the Provider application fee for CPT certification. The manual will be shipped to you.
Please read the following carefully before registering.
1. CPT is a 12-session cognitive-behavioral therapy for the treatment of PTSD in adults.
2. To become a CPT provider, be certain you can commit to the requirements listed below from the CPTforPTSD.com website.
Note: there is not currently an online training component.
3. Please consider your clinical role and caseload make-up. Specifically, you need to be a provider of weekly psychotherapy to adult clients who have PTSD, even if it is co morbid with another disorder.
CPT Provider Requirements
To become a CPT provider, the following requirements must be met:
1. Professional licensure/registration as a mental health professional, with psychotherapy in scope of practice
2. Participation at a Zoom/in-person CPT training (2-3 days) conducted by an approved CPT Trainer
3. Participation in 20 hours of sanctioned group CPT consultation calls (with discussion of own clients during the call; minimum of 50 minutes attendance to count toward attendance) OR participation in individual CPT consultation/supervision for a minimum of 12 hours
4. Initiation of at least 4 CPT individual cases and successful completion of 2 individual CPT cases (completion could include early success per client outcomes)
5. Use of at least one standardized instrument to assess weekly PTSD symptom progress with each of the above cases
6. Submission of redacted case notes, scores on PCL, and sample worksheets or stuck point log, if requested, for evaluation.
Consultation calls will be held weekly for six months and are included in the registration fee. If clinicians cannot complete 2 cases within the 6 months of provided consultation, additional consultation will be offered for an additional $20 per call.
This virtual training provides 14 hours of Continuing Education Credits for the following licenses: Psychologist, Licensed Professional Counselor, Social Work, and Marriage and Family Therapist. Upon successful completion of this virtual training, you will earn a certificate of completion and (if applicable) continuing education credit.