This Training consists of four modules that are analogous to the four chapters in the Mommies toolkit:
• Module 1 discusses Substance Use Disorders; reviewing national statistics and focusing specifically on substance use in women, specifically during pregnancy.
• Module 2 describes Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome (NAS) and reviews the symptoms, incidence and costs of the syndrome. This module also discusses diagnosis and appropriate management of NAS and considerations during breast feeding.
• Module 3 describes Integrated Programs for treatment with a focus on both the components and benefits of treatment.
• Module 4 provides an overview of the Mommies Program. This module will present the Texas statistics on NAS, The Mommies Curriculum and the Outcomes of a 5 year study of the Mommies program in Texas.
This course provides 2.5 hours of Continuing Education Credits for the following licenses: Psychologist, Professional Counselor, Psychological Associate, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapist, Chemical Dependency Counselor, Peer Specialist, Supported Employment Specialist and Certified Family Partner. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will earn a certificate of completion and (if applicable) continuing education credit.
This activity is jointly provided by the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, an ANCC accredited provider, and the UT Health San Antonio Department of Psychiatry.
1. Conflict of Interest: There is no conflict of interest for anyone with the ability to control content of this activity.
2. Criteria for Successful Completion: Learners must complete 100% of the activity. The activity includes quizzes at the end of each module. The learner must pass each quiz with a minimum score of 80% correct.
3. Once successful completion has been verified, a Certificate of Successful Completion will be awarded for 2.5 contact hours. This continuing nursing education activity expires August 31, 2021.
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.